Thursday, August 18, 2011

Your tears.

It seems lately when I see you, your eyes retrace the past and come back with tears
Of something that sadly, passed too quick or of a mistaken chance
Of sorrow for a misdeed or of golden moments falling away like shimmering raindrops
Of the tenuousness of a stressed-out day
          or the tenderness of the sweetest most innocent embrace
Life has passed us quickly I can't say I know what's ahead or that it will be easy
But I can say this, I'm not scared of the future as long as you'll be somewhere in it
Close enough that just your face can bring hope to a broken spirit
          or relief from the struggles and pains of doubt
I'm not scared because of this moment right here
This moment when I look into your eyes and see everything
This moment when I can hold you tight and fly.

1 comment: