Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Conditions Are Perfect

It's maybe fifty degrees outside and the rain keeps coming
But all I can think is why am I not running?
Running to you in the next town over
Through the unforgiving wind as well as the daisies and the clovers
Maybe the thought of you will get me by
It will keep me safe and keep me dry

Soon I will be in you warming arms
Feeling at peace with your loving charms
But as of now, your face has dimmed from my mind
My legs keep collapsing and I've fallen behind
Shivering and weary I fight for my life
When I think what the perfect weather to handle my strife

If it were a bright sunny day
I would not know the way
I would not be lead by the thought of your face
Merely by what I thought of the race
I would be lost without the darkness
Unable to find your fortress

Now back to rain and the wind battered town
You'll be surprised not to find me with a frown
You're face has returned and my muscles renewed
And the chill I once felt has finally subdued
Continue I must or be left to my sorrow
I hope that I find it before tomorrow

Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment