Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Found You

I yell the words "Ready or not here I come."
Then I run, I know where you usually hide, I think I'll start there.
Nothing.
That's okay maybe behind those trees.
Nothing.
Behind the shed.
Nothing.
Oh come on, by the fence.
Nothing.
On the roof, in the garbage can, in the tree, between the bushes.
Nothing.
Where are you?
You're neither here nor there.
But you could be either there or here.
I sit down to think.
Thinking is too hard to do standing.
Then I hear you, "You're still playing this game?
It's such a shame.
I've been gone for a year.
You need to face your fear.
How could you not think that I will always be with you.
Even when I have passed through.
But please don't let it get you weary.
There something that will make you very cheery.
I'll always be within your heart.
Like it was at the very start."

Dusty

2 comments: