Sunday, October 30, 2011

Watching You Go

She smiled at the embarrassing story
Chuckled at my silly face
Burst into laughter as I talked to my napkin because I was too scared to talk to her and mess up
She blushed when I held her hand
Sighed as I kissed her

She frowns now
Her eyes have lost their glow
Her once rosy cheeks are now vacant of color
Her body trembles when I get closer
She cries, she says she has to leave

My life is crumbling around me
The one thing I knew has gone and now I'm left alone
Her image remains in my mind and nags me into depression
If only I could have done something
Alone...... alone....... alone.....

I can't bring myself to tears
There's nothing to cry about
There's nothing to be done
It has been unbearable to watch you go
But I'm left in a uneasy peace because I had been yours even if for a small amount of time

No comments:

Post a Comment